SOLVED

Differentiating API sources (staging/production)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differentiating API sources (staging/production)

Hi there,

I've recently setup a series of campaigns, which I would like to test using staging users from our external service which create the leads initially. Would anyone have any advice on differentiating leads created by different sources? Unfortunately it doesn't appear possible to filter the campaigns smart list based on a specific API key (our staging and production servers use different marketo API keys). I see that I can filter by source type, but it isn't granular enough for this purpose.

My only thought is adding a new boolean lead attribute, something along the lines of stagingUser. This would require additional changes to our service naturally, but perhaps it is the only solution?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Differentiating API sources (staging/production)

You'll always need to change *something* on the client side. You can set a lead field to a certain value (I would use an Integer, not a Boolean, though, for scaleability) or if you happen to be using the Push Lead API set the Reason field on the activity itself.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll always need to change *something* on the client side. You can set a lead field to a certain value (I would use an Integer, not a Boolean, though, for scaleability) or if you happen to be using the Push Lead API set the Reason field on the activity itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I thought that might be the case, thanks Sanford.