SOLVED

Re: Different results from Smart List VS. Static List

Go to solution
Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Different results from Smart List VS. Static List

Hello Marketo Expert,

I try to get result of lead was created but has no country associate with the lead. The question I have is I used the same logic and built two lists. But they provided different results.

The leads had been added on static list was through a smart campaign. Here please find the campaign's smart list and flow as below,

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Smart List was generated by filters as below,

pastedImage_0.png

I only got 9 leads on my static list, however, over 20 leads from the smart list. Did I miss anything here? Please kindly share your insights, if you may know the reason behind it.

Thank you very much in advance,

Becky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Is there a way for country to be removed from a lead? The leads will only be added to the static list when there is no country at the moment of lead creation -- whereas the smart list will look at all leads created in that time, then list any that don't have a country. So if someone has removed the country they will be on the smart list, but not the static list.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hard to say for sure without more context.  Was the trigger campaign activated before 1/1?  Otherwise it wouldn't have captured any leads created before activation.

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your response. I just set up two of them today around the same time, set up and activated the smart campaign and the smart list. So in theory, they won't capture leads before 1/1. And I spot checked that all leads created after 1/1. So not sure why the result numbers are different.

Best,

Becky

JD_Nelson

Is there a way for country to be removed from a lead? The leads will only be added to the static list when there is no country at the moment of lead creation -- whereas the smart list will look at all leads created in that time, then list any that don't have a country. So if someone has removed the country they will be on the smart list, but not the static list.

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

Thank you so much JD for your input.

I see your point. So it seems I should use smart list. Since leads from the static list could be added country value later got created, which means leads show up on the static list could have valid country value. I am just still not sure why the result number has a big difference between smart list and static list.

Thank you again,

Becky

JD_Nelson

if you need to batch campaigns based on that (rather than trigger-based on lead created) you could just schedule a nightly batch smart campaign instead (that way it catches them all)

Yun_Bai1
Level 4

I got you. So instead of "Lead is created" as trigger, there is "lead was created" filter. Thank you.