SOLVED

Difference in velocity script behaviour in email preview and send sample

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in velocity script behaviour in email preview and send sample

Hello,
I am getting different behaviour or email script token in preview email and send sample option, I am using foreach loop to get multiple record of custom object associated with lead. In preview mode I am able to see multiple records where as in send sample email only first record has been rendered.
I my opinion its velocity script is not performing as it suppose to be in send sample.
Please anyone having similar issue, or got additional info?

- Indu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference in velocity script behaviour in email preview and send sample

hi Indu Poudel

Did you get it to work? I think you must already have figured it out by now.

Did you try to test against multiple test leads with different custom object records?

For testing velocity scripts, I generally do not rely on preview or send sample. I actually run a couple of leads with custom object records through a 'test' smart campaign to actually send the email. That's the best way to test in my view.

Hope this helps

Rajesh Talele

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haved loged support ticket as well for this, but Support people said velocity script part is not supported by support team.
What I see here is not problem in script itself, but the behaviour or email in two situation.

here is the support ticket number : 00598438

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Are you sure that you're impersonating the same record between the preview and the sample?  Different numbers of available records would change the outcome of the rendering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny Elkington​ I ​am using same lead record in preview and send sample, the loop condition does not work in send sample, it display onlyn 1st record, index(0) record, even though when lead has multiple custom object record associated with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Indu Poudel

Did you get it to work? I think you must already have figured it out by now.

Did you try to test against multiple test leads with different custom object records?

For testing velocity scripts, I generally do not rely on preview or send sample. I actually run a couple of leads with custom object records through a 'test' smart campaign to actually send the email. That's the best way to test in my view.

Hope this helps

Rajesh Talele