Difference between "Click Email" and "Click Link"

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Difference between "Click Email" and "Click Link"

When looking at the results tab of a batch campaign for an email blast, I noticed there are two kinds of clicks: Click Email and Click Link. Click link is pretty self-explanatory, but what is being clicked for "click email" if it's not a link?

pastedImage_1.png

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between "Click Email" and "Click Link"

Do you see "Open email" in the report.  If not click email probably means open, good questions though I am looking it up.

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Yes, Open Email is a separate activity type, so there is some distinction apparently between the different clicks. Strange...haven't noticed this before.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Jeff,

The current definition for Click Link is when a lead clicks a link on a landing page.  Click Email is for links in an email.

This has changed over the past couple of years though, so it's possible that it's changed again.

John

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. In this case, though, there was no landing page...just an iframe on a website. There wouldn't be any links for them to click other than those in the email.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Jeff,

Is it possible that the leads clicked on any other sites in your domain?  The results don't necessarily show only for the assets in that campaign.  It can show lead actions from other landing pages as well if they went through your email before getting there.

John

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

Hmm...ok, I didn't know that. So the "Click Link" activity type only pertains to the email itself, but "Click Email" means that through that email, the prospect has arrived at some page that they've then engaged...is that right? Are there set definitions anywhere for these activity types?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Actually, it's the other way around.  The Click Email means they clicked a link in the email, and the Click Link activity shows they've clicked a link on some other page in your instance.  I haven't been able to find any documentation for activity types, but it's possible they're still working on updating it for the new community.