Desktop & Mobile Compatible Emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Desktop & Mobile Compatible Emails

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make an email look good on both desktop and mobile? I just viewed an email test on my desktop and mobile device. The email looks great on the desktop, but the spacing/margins is all off on my mobile device. Do I need to create 2 separate emails? One compatible on desktop and one compatible on mobile? Any suggestions you have would be very helpful!!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Desktop & Mobile Compatible Emails

Hey Kelly,

What you want is called responsive design and there's a lot of literature around the web about it.  You should check out templates.marketo.com for some responsive templates which you can download and use for your own emails.
Anonymous
Not applicable

An easy way to control this is the limit the width of each email to 600 pixels, and only have a one column approach to the email template. Also keep the email text size to 14pt or higher.

I hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar to Kenny's response, you can declare some media queries with max widths in your email css. This will cause your emails to adapt to the screen size (desktop v mobile) instead of you having to create two versions.