Designing and import templates from Photoshop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Designing and import templates from Photoshop

Hi there,

My company very soon is going to start using marketo and I'm the graphic designer that will have a few tasks on it.

On my previous job we used Adobe Business catalysts, mailchimp and dotmailer. I remember I could design the newsletters for example on Photoshop slicing into sections and then upload everything (html code and images) into those email marketing platforms. On Marketo I can see we can design or use the existing templates and basically just change the text or images, like the rest of the platforms. My questions are:

1. Can I design the newsletters on Photoshop and then upload everything (html & images) into Marketo knowing that will not be possible to edit?!

2. Can I design the newsletters on Photoshop with blank text boxes in certain sections of the newsletter so I can add on Marketo so the text could be editable?

Thank you,

Elson Castro

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Designing and import templates from Photoshop

Hi Elson

The case 1 is not to be done through a template but with an email. Create an email using a blank template, then in the email, use the "edit HTML" menu entry to access the email HTML editor and paste your code from Photoshop.

The case 2 is about creating your own template. This doc article might help you: Email Template Syntax - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

-Greg