Re: Design Studio: When I grab images from the web, the files are showing as a question mark logo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Design Studio: When I grab images from the web, the files are showing as a question mark logo

When I grab images and drag them inside the WYSIWIG Editor, it doesnt show the actual images instead, it shows that it's an uknown image. Tried on a few machines and does the same thing.

Any ideas?
Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Design Studio: When I grab images from the web, the files are showing as a question mark logo

Save them to your computer first, then upload them.
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Herb,

It sounds like you are referring to editing an email in the MKTO editor and trying to drag images from the web into your email. Please disregard the following if the assumption above is incorrect. 

The way most images are embeded in email using MKTO is by use of the Design Studio's Images and Files section. You can upload any image or file that you want into the Images and Files section, and MKTO will give you a unique URL that you can used to reference the image or file in your email. After your image is uploaded and you have this link, you can go into your email editor into an mktEditable section and click the Insert Image button. MKTO will then prompt you for an Image URL, which is the URL MKTO just gave you for the hosted image. Files work the same. Let's pretend that you have a PDF that should be sent out with an email. You can upload the PDF as I mentioned and in your email editor, highlight a section of text you want to hyperlink to your PDF. MKTO will ask you for a URL and you can insert the URL MKTO created for this uploaded file. Then when someone clicks this link in your email, the PDF will download onto their machine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Keith Nyberg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Herb

You can use saved images in Marketo. 
I think you better you check this document.
Grab Image from a Web Page 
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAq4CAG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm....the images are uploaded from my machine and it shouldn't affect anything at all. When I drag an image icon from the elements box, it still shows a "?" image. See attached if it makes more sense.
0EM50000000SqPu.jpg
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Herb R while the others' suggestions are sound, dragging-and-dropping remote images does (usually) also work.  However you must make sure you are not trying to drag elements with background images, nor images that require authentication (of course you are obeying copyright, right?).

Can you point me to an example image?

EDIT: I drafted this post before a few others came in.  Can you right-click on the broken image and do Inspect Element (in Chrome or equivalent in your browser) and post another screenshot of the underlying markup?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Herb R
It's strange....
Check  "?" image URL.
When you click right button on "?" image, you can get broken the URL. (This sample is Safari,Others are same also)
And you paste URL at browser's new tab or texteditor.
0EM50000000SqQ4.jpg

Normally, this URL is same as that image was given in "Images and Files" folder.
0EM50000000SqQ9.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takehiro

I copied that link and when I paste it on a new browser it gives me this message: 
0EM50000000SqQE.jpg

Is it something about my domain (admin settings?)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Herb
Do you go to "Images and Files" folder and compare both URL's?
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, that URL surely does not exist.  404 for all of us as well.   What is the exact page you are dragging this image from?  

P.S. I hope that isn't actually a CMYK JPG you're trying to use.  CMYK JPGs are not for use in HTML. Use RGB JPG or PNG (which you also seem to have).