SOLVED

Deleting (overwriting) old data in a custom object

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting (overwriting) old data in a custom object

I need to manually import a new set of data in my custom object a few times. Each time I import a new list, some deletion of records must occur. I wonder if Marketo will automatically delete the old records in the custom object if they are no longer present in a new imported list, or do I need to clear all data in the custom object before importing a new list?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Deleting (overwriting) old data in a custom object

Hi Olga,

There is no possibility to delete custom objects through import. The only way is to use the API.

Look into this product: Marketo Excel Add-in – Marketo LaunchPoint . I have never tested it, but it seems promising.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

check the docs on how this works. Kinda thought it would create a new record on a new import, so you may need to delete data you do not want anymore.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Olga,

There is no possibility to delete custom objects through import. The only way is to use the API.

Look into this product: Marketo Excel Add-in – Marketo LaunchPoint . I have never tested it, but it seems promising.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Greg!

It looks like we are going to delete the custom object and create a new one before importing a new batch. However, I think Marketo should add this feature. I will propose it in Ideas.