SOLVED

Re: Deleting leads in bulk

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting leads in bulk

I need to delete several thousand leads. I've identified them outside Marketo and have a list ready to go. What do I do next in order to match my outside list with the Marketo leads in order to delete the Marketo leads?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You could import/de-dedupe them into a Static List, then select all List Members and delete out of the system. That's a big number there, so just make sure you've exported any important data (or synced them to your CRM) if you need to reference it later. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You could import/de-dedupe them into a Static List, then select all List Members and delete out of the system. That's a big number there, so just make sure you've exported any important data (or synced them to your CRM) if you need to reference it later. Hope this helps!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please use Delete Lead CRM=F unless you really want to delete that record.

Try to only delete non CRM records or at least SFDC Leads only. If you delete customer data or other things you may cause a problem for Finance or Legal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jennifer,

I just went through the steps you suggested and it all seemed to make sense. However, after I deleted the leads from the system (not just from the list), the total lead count stayed the same and was not reduced by the 7,000 plus leads I deleted. I'm confused.  (I'm trying to get our lead count under 50,000.)

Brian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jennifer,

I think it worked after all. I'd been looking at the pie chart on the Lead Database homepage. That number hasn't changed, but it hasn't been updated in over an hour. When I look at the total lead count in System Smartlist/All Leads, the count is exactly what it should be after the leads were deleted.

Thanks!

Brian

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Great! Marketo hides a refresh button on that pie chart (beats me as to why), but if you click on it, it should update Glad I could help!