Deleting leads from Marketo only - How to handle possible duplicates or syncing issues?

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Deleting leads from Marketo only - How to handle possible duplicates or syncing issues?

Hey, Due to limitations of number of records in Marketo we thought about mass delete some of our old leads only in Marketo. We have a sync rule in place to make sure these leads will not be re-synced from Salesforce but if these leads will happen to come back and fill out any form on our website, How can we make sure a duplicate record will not be created or there will not be a syncing issue because Salesforce will return an error because there's already a record with this email address? 

Thank you. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Deleting leads from Marketo only - How to handle possible duplicates or syncing issues?

Hi @Tamir_Belzer - If you remove the records as you mentioned and they become SFDC-only records, Marketo will create a new person record if any of those people fill out a form. Marketo can't see those records if they're SFDC-only, and therefore won't recognize the record as a duplicate. 

There are some good comments from Sanford on this post about duplicates and databases: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Issue-with-duplicates-between-Salesforce-and-Marke...

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Re: Deleting leads from Marketo only - How to handle possible duplicates or syncing issues?

Thank you Carrie. I was hoping there is a way to get around it somehow that I did not think of or wasn't aware of. 

I guess there isn't. Thanks