SOLVED

Re: Deleting Segmentations Used in One-Off Emails

Go to solution
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Deleting Segmentations Used in One-Off Emails

I created a segmentation that was only meant to be used in one email blast and now I'd like to delete it. Problem is, I can't unapprove it since it's still being "used" by the email. I can't unapprove the email, since it's still being "used" by the email program.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these without deleting the entire email program?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Matt,

You don't need to unapprove the email, you just need to remove the reference to the segmentation in your smart list for the send. After you do that, you should be able to delete the segmentation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Matt,

You don't need to unapprove the email, you just need to remove the reference to the segmentation in your smart list for the send. After you do that, you should be able to delete the segmentation.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Thanks Jeff, that worked.

What stinks about this being the only solution is that you have to edit the email's draft, remove the segmentation and then approve this new draft. So you lose that historical view at exactly what you sent. But I guess this is the only way for now.

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem!

I am a little confused, however. Were you referencing the segmentation in the campaign only or were you using it dynamically with snippets?