SOLVED

Re: Deleted leads effecting Email Performance Report?

Go to solution
Laura_Abbott
Level 2

Deleted leads effecting Email Performance Report?

I'm looking at some Email Performance Reports that I created last year and the numbers have changes dramatically. e.g. when I checked one particular report in November last year the total sent number was: 799,535 (now 662,867) and the average open rate was 18.0% (now 22.3%) . These reports have been untouched and we haven't deleted any programs. We cleaned our database and deleted some records in November. Would this have meant that these records have been removed from our email performance reports and changed the numbers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi,

If you deleted leads from the database, this is the reason.

Ronen Wasserman

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

Hi,

If you deleted leads from the database, this is the reason.

Ronen Wasserman
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes. Reports are calculated on the fly with the data in the database. Deleted leads are trashed with all their activity logs, so the activity are also removed from the reports.

-Greg

Laura_Abbott
Level 2

Thanks for the replied everyone. I thought that was the case but I saw some conflicting information on the community.

Kenway_Du
Level 1

Just chiming in as I had the same question. A Marketo Support contact had this response: "the Email performance report will show the number of the emails sent to a lead even though the lead has been deleted because the database will store the information about the email sends."

Doing my own testing, it appears that this is true as my Email Performance Report showed sent/delivered data for emails sent only to my test leads, which I deleted.