SOLVED

Re: Delete members of a program from Marketo

Go to solution
Hassina_Obaidy
Level 1

Delete members of a program from Marketo

I uploaded a list into a local program, but found that the list is not clean. How do I delete that list from marketo permanently, but not from salesforce. I deleted the list but it is still in the database. That list is currently member of a specific program

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi there,

You can create a smart campaign to delete these people. 

If all leads that are members of this program appeared on the list, you can use the Member of Program filter under the smart list tab. Under the flow step, drag Delete Person down to the stage. Here, you're able to tell Marketo if you want to delete these records from your CRM.

DeleteLeads.JPG

Running the Smart Campaign will delete these leads from Marketo.

Keep in mind that Salesforce will likely try sync these lead records back to Marketo if you're only deleting them from Marketo. 

It always pays to keep a backup somewhere in case you have also accidentally deleted records you weren't intending to. I always recommend using caution and double, triple, quadruple checking everything when using this filter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi there,

You can create a smart campaign to delete these people. 

If all leads that are members of this program appeared on the list, you can use the Member of Program filter under the smart list tab. Under the flow step, drag Delete Person down to the stage. Here, you're able to tell Marketo if you want to delete these records from your CRM.

DeleteLeads.JPG

Running the Smart Campaign will delete these leads from Marketo.

Keep in mind that Salesforce will likely try sync these lead records back to Marketo if you're only deleting them from Marketo. 

It always pays to keep a backup somewhere in case you have also accidentally deleted records you weren't intending to. I always recommend using caution and double, triple, quadruple checking everything when using this filter.