Delete leads from database not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete leads from database not working

Trying to delete old leads from our database to stay compliant. I run this campaign (and I have tried several others), but our total leads number will not go down. Screenshots below. Frustrating, because Marketo reps are badgering us to delete leads, but the platform doesn't work, so how can I delete these leads and stay compliant?

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.49.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-30 at 12.49.37 PM.png

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delete leads from database not working

This should definitely work, how many leads are qualifying for this campaign.

Also, you need to make sure leads can run through this campaign more than once.  Sometimes if you have run this campaign before as a test or something it may not run again.  Just a guess though

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried running this campaign numerous times, but as separate campaigns (I clone them). I have tried many different sizes and ways to delete leads, but still am not able to. Not sure what to do, Marketo is really starting to frustrate me, and my company is going to look at other marketing platforms, since I have had so much trouble.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Hi Brett,

Please file a ticket with Support and we can look on our back end at what is happening with your campaigns.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

What metric are you using to determine that they haven't been deleted?  Some of the front-end graphs have a long updat period and won't reflect real-time stats.  If you load your All Leads smart list, you should see the up to date number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do load the All leads smart list, and this remains the same every time I try to delete the leads.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Did the campaign actually Run? Check the summary and run history. Check the Results to see if it actually worked or if there were errors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked and the campaign did fail, because I am trying to delete old Salesforce leads, but I am not connected to Salesforce anymore. I do not want to connect to Salesforce, but I do want to delete all those Salesforce leads from Marketo. Is there any way to do this?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You'll just need to set "delete from crm" as false for your delete lead flow step.  This will stop Marketo from attempting to delete them in salesforce and receiving an error.