SOLVED

Re: Default segment and email sending

Go to solution
Oleg_Leus
Level 1

Default segment and email sending

Hi everybody,

I read already topics with similar questions but I want to be sure for 100% because we have thousands accounts in DB and it will be real bad situation if the content for the default segment will be received by them. I need to exclude sending for default segment.

My steps:

Step 1. I made the test list with 2 users inside for now.

Step 2. After that I made 2 segments that I need and of course with default segment where stored thousands people.

Step 3. I've created a program and in the Smart list of the program I specified the audience from my previously created list. Also was implemented dynamic content in the email based on my segments. For default segment I also put the content because there is no chance to not do it.

Will it send an email for the default segment or not? In audience I can see only 2 persons as I need. Did I make everything correct to exclude the default segment from sending?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No one will receive an email who does not qualify for the Smart List.

The existence of content for Segment = Default doesn't mean that anyone in Default will get the email. Default content will be displayed if and only if somebody in Default qualifies for the send.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No one will receive an email who does not qualify for the Smart List.

The existence of content for Segment = Default doesn't mean that anyone in Default will get the email. Default content will be displayed if and only if somebody in Default qualifies for the send.

Oleg_Leus
Level 1

Thank you, your answer calmed my concerns

I Also used recommendation from Denise Greenberg​​​ (tnx) to exclude default section in my newly created segment and it also works perfect (just to be doubly sure)!

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

To add to what Sanford said, you can explicitly exclude people in the default segment from all your email sends by including this filter in the smart list for all your sends:

<Name of your segmentation> is not Default

Denise