Re: Default campaign - how to make sure new people added get email 1

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Default campaign - how to make sure new people added get email 1

Hello Marketo Team,

I have created a campaign using default channel. This campaign will send 8 emails in different intervals to a static list.

These emails will go out on different days and times......

Lists:

Members of the campaign are added as a static list. There will be new ones added each week.

Emails:

Now, all 8 emails are going out as sends...(smart campaigns).

Send email 1

Send email 2

Send email 3

so on

pastedImage_2.png

Question

Now, question for you since this is not an engagement program..once I add new people to the program...will they get email 1 -> then email 2 -> then email 3..etc.in this sequence?

How to make sure they go through each send email smart campaign?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Nimisha,

What you can do is provide filters in the smart lists of the later smart campaigns that the person needs to me a member of the previous smart campaign to qualify. For example.

"Send email 2" smart campaign:

smart list:

include filter: "member of smart campaign: "Send email 1""

This ensures that in order to qualify for "Send email 2", the person needs to have executed the flow of "Send email 1". However, this would be a good use for an engagement program stream which ensures that emails are sent in the correct order at each cast.

Note that this does not automatically trigger new people to get the first email, you would need to provide the smart campaign's smart list as a screenshot so we can verify.

Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Not sure why you do not want to create one campaign to send all these emails using wait steps.

Bur if you want your workflow to work. Create first as batch and other campaigns as request

Send EM1 -> Req campaign 2 -> Send EM2 -> Req campaign 2 (and so on)

You can also add extra filters in req campaigns that Devraj Grewal​ suggested in his comment (above).

This is not ideal solution.

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

engagement program: this is not possible because we need to send out emails on day 1 and then day 47 and then day 59

This is what I did....

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.png

Is this correct? see the call out.

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Devraj Grewal​ please reply to this ...I have added screen shots showing how I will call previous smart campaign...

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This technique works to ensure the emails are sent in the correct order, but the smart campaigns will need to be scheduled correctly to wait the desired time between emails. I would actually emphasize that you look into the engagement stream method. You can include all 4 emails in the stream and choose to have the people paused in the engagement flow until they are due to receive another email. The stream will be scheduled to send content every day, but only to those who have a normal cadence.

Be sure to turn off the engagement program while you are building this out.

Smart campaign:

Smart list:

Was sent email: Email 1

Member of Engagement program: MLS Journey Cadence: Normal

Flow:

Change engagement program cadence: Paused

Wait: 7 days

Change engagement program cadence: Normal

This ensures that people will now only receive later emails if they are first sent earlier emails.

More info: Pause People in an Engagement Program - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation