Default Company Name - Issues

Justin_Morris
Level 2

Default Company Name - Issues

Hi,

I just want to gather some insight and input from the community on an issue we currently have. Right now when anyone fills out our forms, they are automatically synced to Salesforce. We have B2C and B2B segments of our business and there is sometimes overlap. With B2C, we don't ask for Company Name since they don't have a company name. But in order for them to sync to Salesforce, a default value is needed and will populate there. This is normally fine but sometimes a B2C lead will attempt to download B2B content and {{Not_Provided}} will show up pre-filled in the form for Company Name, which isn't ideal. Are there any workarounds or suggestions you may have to remedy this issue? We realize having the default value as {{Not Provided}} can be changed to something more desirable. But wasn't sure if there was something we were overlooking - maybe there's some kind of javascript we can use on forms to make them not pre-fill when {{Not_Provided}} is there? My background is primarily with B2B audiences, so B2C processes are new to me. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Re: Default Company Name - Issues

Hi Justin,

When you're editing the form, you can turn off pre-fill on a field by field basis. Click on the company name field and in the properties section on the right, scroll down to the behavior section and you'll see the option to enable or disable pre-fill for that field.

pastedImage_0.png

The problem with doing this is now instead of having uniform values for this field, people will be putting in junk data because it will be required. Do you have a way of identifying B2B vs B2C records in Marketo? If you do, I'd recommend setting up visibility rules where if records = B2C, hide the company field, and for everyone else show it.

Thanks,
Kyle

Justin_Morris
Level 2

Re: Default Company Name - Issues

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your response. We know that we can make a certain field not be pre-filled, but we don't want to turn it off completely for the B2B leads. The visibility rule could possibly work but the issue is we aren't asking on the form a question/field that we could use to identify a B2C/B2B lead. My initial thought was to include a hidden field and have it pre-filled and base visibility rules off of that, but that doesn't seem like a possibility, right?