SOLVED

Deep Dive on Personalized URLs?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deep Dive on Personalized URLs?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a deep dive on Personalized URLs? I can't seem to find one in the community and need to really explore the possibilities of this capability.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deep Dive on Personalized URLs?

pURLs can only be generated by a CSV export, and are really targeted for more Direct Mail use cases. Also, they don't have this kind of expiration logic, so I think you're not going down a useful path here.

If this is something you really need, I think you're looking at some custom development. You'll need some system that does the onetime URL generation, and then you could use the SOAP API to send the email and stick that generated link in it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

I don't think there is a Deep Dive for that feature yet (we are adding things all the time though). The two main articles are probably what you've already seen here:

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L9D5CAK
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L4C9CAK

T
hey basically cover what the feature does. Are there some nuances in particular you'd like to know more about? I might be able to just answer your questions.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Erik,

Thanks for the response. I did see those, but they are too superficial. I am looking for articles on use cases. The reason I am investigating is because we have a tool on our website that is protected by a form, which once filled sends a follow up email. No problem for Marketo there. The issue lies in the links within the email. There are two links that would need to go to two different landing pages, but these links have to be unique for every form fill (not just one per Lead/Contact) and would need to expire after the first click. I feel like Marketo could help with this, but I am struggling to piece it all together. I think that the answer might lie in personalized URLs, but I can't find a good article that really shows you their capability.
Anonymous
Not applicable

pURLs can only be generated by a CSV export, and are really targeted for more Direct Mail use cases. Also, they don't have this kind of expiration logic, so I think you're not going down a useful path here.

If this is something you really need, I think you're looking at some custom development. You'll need some system that does the onetime URL generation, and then you could use the SOAP API to send the email and stick that generated link in it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Erik, that's what I was afraid of. Appreciate the clarification!