Dedicated IP Address Results

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dedicated IP Address Results

Hi, 

I'm investigating the dedicated IP address add-on Marketo offers to improve email deliverability. My question for the community is this:

Those of you who have gone through this transition, what effect has it had? I'd like to see some results on delivery rates that others are experiencing to determine if this will be of value for us. The worst thing that can happen here is that the deliverability actually decreases...

Note: we are only email opt-in email addresses

Best, 
Dan
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dedicated IP Address Results

How many emails are you sending a month? If I remember correctly from when I got a dedicated IP around 4 years ago, you needed between 75k-100k emails per Month in order to build up a reputation. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sending about 250-300k/month so I think we fall into range. From what I know, we share our IP with some other companies. What I'd like to know is... does sharing help or hurt deliverability? I guess it depends on who you share with?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. As long as you've over the threshold, which you are, then you're depending on only your own results. When you share with others you have no control over their opt-in system & list acquisition process. If you're sharing with people that have great ethics that mirror your own, you're probably fine and won't notice much of a change. If you're sharing with list importers who routinely dump 100k new leads into their database, your deliverability will go up. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Dan,

I'm part of Marketo's Privacy Team. We handle deliverability and compliance. We find that customers with good practices generally see some improvement in deliverability when they move to their own IP. It's not dramatic - we try to keep our shared IPs pretty clean - but it's a way that you have complete control over your deliverability and can result in several percentage points improvement. Also, if anything does go wrong, you have complete control over the mail sent from your IP so fixing it is easier.

I hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of IP is good , dedicated or Dynamic for email deliverability ?