Decision Dependent Nurture

Kevin_Keefe
Level 2

Decision Dependent Nurture

Hello everyone,

My struggle is this...I have new people that come into Marketo from vendor-provided lists, and they're usually new contacts. 

These people have a variety of interest, and because they come from different vendors, the current plan is to send everyone the first email of the campaign and provide 3 options for them to self-direct.

So introductory email basically includes 3 links and the plan was to key off of that link click activity to push.

Each option would then send them down different learning paths depending on what they select.

I've tried to find a way to build this using transition rules but I can only have one action at a time. 

So I can't put in the transition rules "if they click on this link, add to this stream. If they click that link, add to that stream." Or Can I??

I've seen other posts of people working around transition rules entirely with SmartLists, and I think that gives me more options but it still seems daunting to manage and test safely.

I am curious to know if anyone has similar issues and has found a solution that works, or if anyone can point me to anything that might help.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Re: Decision Dependent Nurture

Hi Kevin,

You should be able to continue to use Transition Rules within your engagement program to move leads from one stream into other quite easily.

It sounds like the following solution could work:

The three content streams should use the Clicks Link in Email trigger with the Link constraints. This constraint is what should be the differing factor between each stream - where Link One pulls leads into one stream, Link Two pulls leads into another stream etc.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.png