SOLVED

Re: Deactivating & Editing Emails on an active Nurture Campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deactivating & Editing Emails on an active Nurture Campaigns

I have a few questions about managing emails that are currently on active drip campaigns. If I deactivate an email on a nurture stream will those that were cued up to receive that email be instantly taken out of the distribution?

Another question relating to this is that, if I want to make edit to an email within a nurture campaign would I need to deactivate the email on the stream (as well as unapprove the email) and make the edit, then reactive the email? And once I reactivate the email will the people that were cued up to receive the email prior to making the edits will be given the newly updated email?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roela,

If you deactivate an email on a nurture stream, it will not be sent during your next scheduled send - leads in the streams will get the next approved email.

If you want to edit to an email within a nurture campaign:

- if you are okay with people receiving the current unedited version of the email - you don't need to deactivate it - you can just edit draft and approve draft.

- if you'd like to stop it from being sent out until you make edits, then yes - deactivate it, then go ahead and edit the email and approve draft when you are ready, then re-activate it in the stream.

And once I reactivate the email will the people that were cued up to receive the email prior to making the edits will be given the newly updated email? - yes

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roela,

If you deactivate an email on a nurture stream, it will not be sent during your next scheduled send - leads in the streams will get the next approved email.

If you want to edit to an email within a nurture campaign:

- if you are okay with people receiving the current unedited version of the email - you don't need to deactivate it - you can just edit draft and approve draft.

- if you'd like to stop it from being sent out until you make edits, then yes - deactivate it, then go ahead and edit the email and approve draft when you are ready, then re-activate it in the stream.

And once I reactivate the email will the people that were cued up to receive the email prior to making the edits will be given the newly updated email? - yes

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Masha - this does help!

To follow up with reactivating an email, would that disrupt any reporting data? Meaning any historical data from that email prior to the deactivation would not be accounted for after the email has been reactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I don't think it would disrupt reporting, unless you replace the email all together (like use a different one instead of the original one).

Michelle_Spears
Level 1

Hi Masha, can you tell me if members of a stream have already received an email, and then I edit and approve this same email, will these members receive the edited version of the email at the next cast?  Or does the stream not consider an edited email to be a "new" email asset?   If they won't receive the edited email, then I assume the same would apply even if the members are exhausted in the stream? thanks for your help!