Re: DateTime Sync Error with CRM

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

DateTime Sync Error with CRM

I'm suddenly getting an error that is blocking updates to all records in CRM:

-1 The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts/Services:request. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationRequest. The value '2016-08-26 10:02:29' cannot be parsed as the type 'DateTime'.'. Please see InnerException for more details.

Any insight or help in problemsolving this would be appreciated. I put in a Support ticket but haven't heard back yet, and I'm anxious to try to fix this.

I imported that latest MLM and Sales Insight solutions 2 days ago, and I think this problem started then. We use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premises.

13 REPLIES 13
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Shannon,

This seems to me that your problem requires an urgent ticket to support.

-Greg

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

Does that mean P1? Sorry to be obtuse, but I am not clear if this is "Production Down" or just very incredibly awful.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

My understanding is that this is a P2.

But I am not from support

-Greg

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

Hi Greg, Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created an escalation and made the TSE assigned to your case aware. You should expect an update on Monday morning.

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

Thank you, Chris! Hoping to hear back soon.

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

I just tried to sync a lead at 1:02pm EDT, and the error mentions '2016-08-26 03:16:21' . Where is this incorrect time coming from?

-1 The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts/Services:request. The InnerException message was 'There was an error deserializing the object of type Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationRequest. The value '2016-08-26 03:16:21' cannot be parsed as the type 'DateTime'.'. Please see InnerException for more details.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Are there any fields listed in the sync activity?  Whatever field has that datetime value is probably the one at issue.  It's possible that there's a type mismatch on the field and it's unable to do the conversion.

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

No, there aren't any fields listed... that would be immensely helpful! But I had the same idea. I think it is particular DateTime fields. Trying to figure out why they would break.