SOLVED

Date of Activity in minutes not supported?

Go to solution
Sid_Patil
Level 2

Date of Activity in minutes not supported?

Hello All,

I was setting up Smartlist where I am tracking visitors across multiple webpages. For one of the filters, I usually used Date of Activity in past 10 minutes.

Reading through some old posts, I see Marketo does not support minutes granularity in Date of Activity constraint. Do we still see this lack of support?

If yes, all my filters have been setup at Minutes granularity, how does Marketo react to this incorrect setup -- Ignore it or (Fail on that filter step and ultimately do not qualify anyone to that smartlist) ?

Thank you All!

Message was edited by: Sid Patil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Date of Activity in minutes not supported?

Minutes are supported.  Under load, you can't be sure whether an activity will be logged at the 9-minute mark or 11-minute mark, but that doesn't undermine the feature as a whole. Seconds granularity does not work.

many-a-times, I can see myself qualify but struggle to see anyone else do

Without knowing more about what you're triggering on it's impossible to know why you'd be struggling.

You could post shots of your Smart List and compare to the Activity Log on leads you think should've qualified.

It would also be good to provide links to those old posts to see exactly what they were referring to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Someone informed me Marketo does not support minutes granularity in Date of Activity constraint.

Who was that someone, though?

If yes, all my filters have been setup at Minutes granularity, how does Marketo react to this incorrect setup -- Ignore it or (Fail on that filter step and ultimately do not qualify anyone to that smartlist) ?

Testing will easily show what happens in that "incorrect" setup.

Sid_Patil
Level 2

Haha my apologies Sanford Whiteman​. Edited my question

I have been trying to improve my testing skills and many-a-times, I can see myself qualify but struggle to see anyone else do. Puts me in some trouble when I am doing the final reporting. So, always looking out for ways/ideas on how people do the testing themselves and learn.

One day hopefully, I will be the one helping people out here

SanfordWhiteman

Minutes are supported.  Under load, you can't be sure whether an activity will be logged at the 9-minute mark or 11-minute mark, but that doesn't undermine the feature as a whole. Seconds granularity does not work.

many-a-times, I can see myself qualify but struggle to see anyone else do

Without knowing more about what you're triggering on it's impossible to know why you'd be struggling.

You could post shots of your Smart List and compare to the Activity Log on leads you think should've qualified.

It would also be good to provide links to those old posts to see exactly what they were referring to.

Sid_Patil
Level 2

SanfordWhiteman

Why don't you provide:

• Timestamps of relevant activities from leads' Activity Logs
  • Smart List qualification rules
  • Smart List results at a time that's 5 minutes from the timestamp, and results that are 15 minutes out (to eliminate any fuzziness around the 10m boundary)