SOLVED

Date filter for today + XX days

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date filter for today + XX days

Regarding date fields, is there a way to filter on "today + xx days"?
EX:  I have a smart campaign that will email leads when their LastIssueDate (custom date field) is exactily 40 days from today.  Currently I am using the "In future = 40 days" AND "In future after = 39 days", but this isn't optimal for other scenarions.   This campaign runs daily, so I cannot manually enter a specific date each day.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Re: Date filter for today + XX days

We're planning to enhance the date filter soon and this is one area that I'd like to improve. For now, what you have should work. 

Is there something you're trying to do but can't?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We're planning to enhance the date filter soon and this is one area that I'd like to improve. For now, what you have should work. 

Is there something you're trying to do but can't?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.  What I'm doing now seems to work, but it would be optimal to have the ability to calculate a date based on a delta timeframe from sysdate.   I will wait for the enhancements.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The "In Future after" and "In Past before" filters were a great addition. One thing that would be nice is to be able to filter by hours instead of days in more places. 
Caryl_Mostacho
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nancy Demers​ - In the past, I have used a counter field that updates every day by +1 for a campaign similar to this. You can then run a batch campaign for your email to send based on when this counter field is = 40. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did Marketo enhance the date filter to support "today + x days" logic?

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Devaraj,

In a word: yes. Adding a formula in a flow such as End Date = {{lead.Start Date}} + 40 days is recognized by Marketo to calculate the data value as 40 days after the Start Date value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response Courtney!

So is there a token to pull the current date? I want to do something like if {date} = Today + 7 then send the email where {date} is a custom field in the lead.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Devaraj,

In this case, you would use something like {{system.date}}.