SOLVED

Re: Database cleaning vs Segmentation update

Go to solution
Simon_Lessard
Level 4

Database cleaning vs Segmentation update

I'm cleaning up a significant amount of records in the lead database but it seems to have no effect on my segmentations. I figured out the "All Time" notice in the bottom right corner of the pie chart window but I wonder if there's a way to update the thing to reflect actual numbers. I tried to draft/approve segmentation without success.

Any insights?

Cheers,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Simon_Lessard
Level 4

Yup. Delete + SFDC delete = true.

I ended up reaching out ot support and here is the official statement:

"When leads are deleted from Marketo they are first soft deleted, they are removed from most of your instance except the backend and we are able to recover them until 30 days later which then they are hard deleted. This is done to give customers a buffer in case there were accidental deletions. You are seeing those soft deleted leads."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

When you say you are cleaning up your data, are you deleting people? If not, are you changing the data so that it doesn't match the Smart List criteria in each Segment?

Simon_Lessard
Level 4

Yup. Delete + SFDC delete = true.

I ended up reaching out ot support and here is the official statement:

"When leads are deleted from Marketo they are first soft deleted, they are removed from most of your instance except the backend and we are able to recover them until 30 days later which then they are hard deleted. This is done to give customers a buffer in case there were accidental deletions. You are seeing those soft deleted leads."

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Thanks for the update, good to know.

Victor_Herrero
Level 5

Thanks for sharing this!

Any idea how long you need to wait for segmentations to reflect actual numbers? 30 days at least I imagine?

Victor

Simon_Lessard
Level 4

Hey Victor, Support hasn't provided any official answer but I've seen between 30 and 60 days and there was no way to force that a year ago. Don't know if this changed over time.

Hope it helps