Anonymous
Not applicable

Data value change - custom object field to lead field

Hi all,

The current flow is:

If status = request

then Data Value change

lead.ownerphonenumber = {{my.customobjectownerphonenumber}}

Basically whenever there is a request, I want to update the phone number from the custom booking object, into the lead 'owner phone number' (custom field on lead)

I can make this happen however, it is not sending the phone number, but just the token. The data value successfully is passed through however not as a number.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.53.47 AM.png

In the data value I have attribute as: [Lead - Owner Phone number] and the New Value I want to just have it as a {{my.token}}

it works with lead tokens but does not pass through my tokens, I am also using a velo token for this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Data value change - custom object field to lead field

This is not possible using Change Data Value.

The only way, in Marketo, to transfer values from a field on a Custom Object record to a custom field on the Lead is by using some very deep and undocumented Velocity code (which good taste prevents me from sharing in public).

You may want to rethink using COs -- maybe go with a JSON field on the lead instead. Data on those fields can directly interact with other lead fields via webhook.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data value change - custom object field to lead field

Hi there,

Ahh I see, that is understandable, also a JSON field on the lead would make sense, if I can access it and allow me to interact with my webhook that would be perfect, thank you!

Cheers