SOLVED

Re: Data not pulling through from Salesforce Custom Object

Go to solution
Fiona_Evans
Level 2

Data not pulling through from Salesforce Custom Object

I have successfully pulled through Custom Salesforce objects to Marketo in the past, but I seem to having a problem with one particular object called Interactions.We have quite a customised salesforce and this object records all emails, meetings etc with contacts. It also cross references the Account object. It looks like the below:

Capture.PNG

The Contact object is the Parent object, but there is also an Interaction Reference object that links the two.

I have enabled the sync on the Interaction reference object and the interaction object.

pastedImage_1.png

However when I go to a smart list with the filter 'Has interaction' it is pulling through zero people, although nearly everyone on our database has an interaction against them. I have tried to follow the Marketo documentation through but cannot think why this data isn't showing as expected. Is there something obvious I've missed?

Help much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fiona_Evans
Level 2

Just to follow up on this - having got to the bottom of it it WAS the obvious answer first - a sync backlog. What I hadn't realised was that standard objects sync as a priority over custom objects, and because our sync settings are set to only sync once per hour, it actually took us until yesterday to sync over all the objects. Hope that helps if anyone else is in the same boat!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Let's hit the really obvious thing first - Are you experiencing a sync backlog? You didn't say how long after you synced that you tried to check the smart list.

Fiona_Evans
Level 2

It was four days ago, so should have synced by now!

Delwin_Ng
Level 2

Even though Marketo can see Interactions now it won't sync them all over en masse. Something has to be modified in order for the sync to bring it over. I'm not sure if that would be the Contact or the Interaction but I think that something would have to be modified.

Delwin_Ng
Level 2

Now that I think about it I turned on the sync for a new object and it did suck in to Marketo all of the records that existed. That took something like 3 days. So it might just take awhile to see this kind of information. You can visit https://app-xxx.marketo.com/supportTools , replacing xxx with your server name in order to check how many more records you need to pull from Salesforce before you've caught up.

Fiona_Evans
Level 2

It was four days ago so I don't think it's just a time thing. When I do that server state tool (super useful thanks!) it says it has pulled in 90,000 references and interaction objects - so it definitely thinks it has pulled it in, but for some reason it can't filter data using those objects?

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

It's probably because the custom object is related to Individual. The custom object needs to be related to Lead, Person, or Account in some way to be used in Marketo so that could be why. SFDC Sync: Custom Object Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Fiona_Evans
Level 2

And are person and individual definitely different? This is what pulls through on the right hand side when I do a salesforce object sync, so it doesn't seem to give me those options? I have also pulled through data against individual and company before (although I agree a greyed out tick doesn't fill be with hope!)

Capture.PNG

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

If I recall correctly, Individual is a newish SFDC object for GDPR purposes. I'm not sure what your Company object is but it doesn't appear to be the standard Account object. You'll need to file a support ticket to be sure but it's possible what you're trying to sync isn't supported....it is also possible there's just something simple like a visibility issue on the relationship field and that it can work once that's addressed. You just need Support to be able to look inside your instance to know for sure.

Fiona_Evans
Level 2

Cool I've raised this with support anyway, but I feel like these are the same objects and it's just a naming convention as otherwise the standard objects would appear there - but I may be wrong about that?