Re: Data enrichment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data enrichment

I was wondering what other people's experience with using multiple data enrichment tools such as data.com, clearbit, InsideView, etc.  We are currently using Data.com and are looking to choose another vendor since their data outside of the US isn't as strong.  If we do that we could have potentially 3 sets of data: our original data, data.com data, and the new vendor.  So an account could have 3 different States, Employees Counts, etc.  I was wondering what people have done to determine what the source of truth is when choosing which data value is the most accurate.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depends! You should set rules:

• Lead provided data is assumed to be correct and should override all others.
  • Salesperson provided data may or may not be better
  • Data.com should fill in blank fields only. Same with other providers.

Some firms setup tertiary fields as you alluded to that duplicate such fields like

• Data.com Address
  • InsideView Country

and then you can decide to push those values to blank fields or retain them separately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, still confused on how to create rules to determine which of the three sources by lead/contact are most accurate though.  We have it currently set up to only fill in blank fields but what about the possibility that their data could be better than some of our existing data?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's my point - make a decision on whom you trust.

Jessica_Ruffalo
Level 4

Hey Josh, do you know if data.com has a plug in or webhook for MKTO? or how easy integration is? I've looked at Launchpoint and didn't find anything, however I did find your slideshare but noticed that the UI is different...