Re: Data Value Changes, attribute is any

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Data Value Changes, attribute is any

I want to create a flow where anytime anything changes on a lead record, so any data value change, the lead status will change to SAL.

In the flow, I will limit disqualification, SQL, Customers, and other people who might not fit the SAL definition we use.

But, it does not seem like I can say Data Value Changes, Attribute is Any. Instead i have to choose a specific attribution, but in this case, I do not care what it is. I am inluding in the filter that the lead owner job title is SDR, so that is also not an issue anyone needs to respond to.

Do you know how to do this? Can you help?

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

First, I think this is dangerous and if possible would cause your trigger eval queue to go nuts because ANY record change to ANY record would have to be evaluated

Second, what is the business requirement? Why would you want SAL on ANY change? If I'm right, you really just want to know if Salesperson touched the record to move to SAL. I would reference the Unread=T flag in SFDC or another specific Field that you know gets modified by Sales most of the time. Of course, it would be far better to Train your team to Accept the Lead properly.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

+1 on Josh here, this would simply kill your DB performance.

And, fortunately, this is not possible

-Greg

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Thanks for your response.

So I have a campaign set up specifically to modify the status based on Activity History, but for some reason, it is missing a lot of the activity history. I think one reason for this is that the activity might also come from a 3rd party app or plugin that our sales team uses to email prospects. So i think Marketo is "missing" this activity, which should launch the trigger campaign.

Here is the Smart List I have set up that seems to missing the activity:

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 10.27.14 AM.png

any ideas?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is catching your synced CRM activities.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Yoav,

To be a little more explicit than Sanford , "Activity is logged" and "Activity is updated" triggers fire when a Salesforce task or event is being created or updated. It has nothing to do with Marketo activity log.

-Greg

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Thanks - I am aware of that. The 3rd party tool is a sales tool called SalesLoft, which is changing lead status in SFDC.

However the activity info is great to know. Seems like the consensus is to go back to the drawing board on this one...