Data Value Changed - previous date value not showing

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Data Value Changed - previous date value not showing

I have a set of contacts who have updated their information in a date field. Previous values can be anywhere from 1/1/2009 to 6/30/2013. The new value will only be 6/30/2016. So I want to see who updated to 6/30/2016 by year (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013). I set up my smart list with the data value changed field (attached), but no leads show up in the list. I know there should be people in this list, as I can find them if I go a roundabout way and look at contact records. Just can't figure out why they aren't showing up here. Any ideas??

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Data Value Changed - previous date value not showing

I may be thinking about this the wrong way but did you not update the data value of the previous date to 6/30/2016?

If you need to store the previous value you may want to create a separate field that retains the previous date when the current updated date is changed.

Dealing with Salesforce it would be a workflow that updates the new field with the priorvalue() when the current field ischanged().

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Well - I'm not using sales force. I've been able to use "previous value" and "new value" for other fields in the data value changed. I think Arjun is right that it is a bug.

hena_wells
Level 5

Hi Elizabeth,

Your Smart List looks perfectly right. This seems like a bug. Could you log a case with support?

Thanks

Aj

Elizabeth_Balle
Level 2

Thanks, just logged the case.