Re: DOMO?  Is anyone using?

Nichole_Trobar1
Level 3

DOMO? Is anyone using?

We have been evaluating a few different business intelligence products that will give us some integrated reporting options as well as reporting on non-standard Salesforce objects.   We've been leaning towards DOMO and I'm wondering if anyone out there uses their product and can give some feedback on the integration process, what is really delivered and anything I need to watch out for.  You know everything always seems possible in the sales courtship phase, I want to make sure I'm not missing any big limitations.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOMO? Is anyone using?

Hi Nichole,

We're going to start evaluating Domo and other BI products as well. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Who did you end up going with? I've been really impressed with Domo so far.

Thanks!
Flora

Nichole_Trobar1
Level 3

We are still in approval stages internally for DOMO and also reviewing Tableau.   Marketing dept preference was for DOMO.  

I will say that they aren't completely familiar with Marketo and some of their out-of-the-box integration with Marketo is not what we needed.   We found we will have to do some API work down the road to connect ROI adn a few other key metrics we were hoping to marry with our Salesforce data.   We use some custom objects in salesforce so that contributes to our complexity.

What I do love is their ease of use in setting up new data connections and simple things like connecting to excel sheets - love excel or hate it, I know we all have manual tracking in spreadsheets still, its unavoidable.  Social media integration and Google Analytics is great.  Also love DOMO's UX and front end visual.  I think our users will really like it if we can get approval.

Nichole_Trobar1
Level 3

Update, we've just started our data integration phase with DOMO.   I am bit out of my comfort zone with the API data.   If anyone has any tips and tricks I would love to hear them!   Currently I am trying to pull over Leads with Program membership and statuses.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We're at the end of the evaluation period for DOMO and pretty sure that's the tool we want (pending negotiations). Please share what you learn!!!

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Dory Viscogliosi​ is correct, we do use Domo! We are finally at the point where we are building out our executive and team dashboards so that we have full company-wide transparency into the data and can analyze how we're doing. It's a great tool and I believe we implemented it company-wide which is awesome.

Looping on my colleagues Ryan Baker​ and Eric Calderon​ who are currently in Domo more than I am.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nichole,

We have bumped into the same issue as you had before when integrating Marketo and Tableau, so we decided to extract Marketo data to SQL Server database, then connected database and Tableau.

We have tried several data extraction tools, but they didn't resolve our data integration problems. Therefore, we have developed our own data retrieving tool called Data Loader for Marketo(DLM) which allows you to sync Marketo data to the database without any coding. We invite you to visit our website to have a free trial of DLM and see if this could solve your problem.

Data Loader for Marketo:  https://dlm.trend.org

Feel free to contact us for further information or any feedback are very welcome!

Sincerely,

Vivian

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Nichole, I think Rachel Egan​ is currently using DOMO if you have any questions

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've got a pretty good setup with our Domo-Marketo-Salesforce integration, as Rachel Egan​ said above. I'm happy to help anyone figure out specific problems they're having, if I can.

One best practice that comes to mind - pull in each dataset once from Marketo, and create a "cleaned" version of the dataset in a workflow - then work with that cleaned data in your subsequent dataflows and cards. For example, when you pull in All Leads or Leads By Program from Marketo, it only shows you Acquisition Program ID, not Program Name - so we've created a dataflow/dataset called "Leads - Cleaned" which joins with the program dataset to pull in the Acquisition Program Name (among a lot of other cleaning/joining operations). So basically, none of our Domo cards use a Marketo dataset directly - this ensures that we aren't repeating ourselves all the time at the card level.

Again, happy to help with specific questions if I can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ryan Baker​, We use Domo currently, and I'm curious if been able to build a card that shows the program performance over a given time period.  Essentially I want to see what programs are converting the best over the last week/month/etc...

I have been able to do this by Acquisition program, but not programs in general yet. 

Thanks.

(We are also looking at Datorama as a possible replacement)