Is there a "best practice" set up for the Cvent - Marketo integration? Basically, should the set up look a certain way? Is it static for everyone or are there unique attributes to consider? Basically, I am trying to figure out how to make sure that we are receiving the data from our Cvent national events without requiring a list import. Any suggestions?
This user guide is available on the LaunchPoint website and should get you started
Hello! I work at Cvent and we use this integration extensively, so I am happy to help. The setup is for the most part configurable.
First thing - look at all of this documentation as it has step-by-step guides for setup: https://developers.cvent.com/documentation/marketo-integration/
Key suggestions for set up:
1. Determine what information from Cvent you need in Marketo, and how you will use it (I suggest using the same universal fields or codes to ensure consistency across all events.)
2. Think through your desired lead flow of someone who registers for an event - what do you want to happen once they register? Attend? Post-show outreach? When will you pass this lead to sales?
3. Set up event programs in Marketo, with sub-sessions
4. Ensure your program statuses are actionable and make sense
For the core Cvent Event Management - Marketo integration, we use two custom objects. One is for Event-level details, and the other is for Session-level details. For each of these custom objects, you can push information on registration and attendee status, as well as custom details. We leverage this information for scoring, nurture programs, etc.
You can leverage any information in Cvent and you can choose what to sync., as well as field mappings for native and custom fields. You can sync multiple Cvent accounts to one Marketo instance, or vice versa.
1) I created a custom object in Marketo. From Cvent side, set up an integration point for "Invitee/Guest Accepted" and mapped fields from Cvent to this custom object. I picked few fields from contact and few from registration and event details. I am trying to store registration and event info into this custom object. This is just a test to see how integration works in the sandbox before coming up with the final design.
2) Set up a test event in Cvent and registered for this event.
3) How were you able to send Cvent info to the custom object automatically? In my case, after the invitee accepted, the integration should have added a record to custom object. But this is not happening. When I go to the event details and try to do manual sync with Marketo, even then it does not push the information. Any clues?