SOLVED

Customizing Form Fill Activity Sync Information to Salesforce

Go to solution
Alyssa_DiMaio
Level 2

Customizing Form Fill Activity Sync Information to Salesforce

Does anyone know if it's possible to push the data from the hidden utm fields from my forms in Marketo to the Salesforce activity task. See the attached photo for what I'm referring to from within Salesforce. Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 3.40.13 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Customizing Form Fill Activity Sync Information to Salesforce

Not with the standard sync (which isn't really the best idea anyway, as it only syncs one activity of each type per day). You can use a Create Task flow step instead and include tokens.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

Not with the standard sync (which isn't really the best idea anyway, as it only syncs one activity of each type per day). You can use a Create Task flow step instead and include tokens.
Alyssa_DiMaio
Level 2

Thank you! Will that create a separate task in addition to the task that automatically syncs when a lead fills out a form?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, you should turn off the Activity Sync when moving to this other method.
Alyssa_DiMaio
Level 2

Thanks - I was able to add the tokens to the task flow step and it looks like it didn't duplicate the activity task. 

SanfordWhiteman

It should duplicate — remember, you only get one activity per day per email. The dupes would happen tomorrow. You need to turn off the Activity Sync.
Alyssa_DiMaio
Level 2

Ah - yes I see that now. Ok thank you. 

My final question - I want to confirm that the solution you provided only fills the comment field of the task in salesforce, and as far as you know, there's not a way to push that information to the utm fields in the activity task I shared above? Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

Not directly into the fields. But we like to structure the data so that then a flow/process/Apex can be used to copy the data to the individual fields.