Re: Customized cadence in Engagement program?

Jekaterina_Cunn
Level 1

Customized cadence in Engagement program?

Hi,

I am setting up a nurture program using engagement program and need to send emails not on specific days of the week but rather like this:
day 0 - email 1
day 5 - email 2
day 8 - email 3
day 17 - email 4
day 23 - email 5
etc etc
Is it possible to set this up?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

It is possible to setup a cadence like this, but if you want that kind of a cadence I would not recommend using an engagement program but just a regular program type.
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

It's a struggle I've encountered myself! Maybe it should be an idea as an engagement program enhancement. 🙂
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It is easier to use wait steps in a regular campaign flow. It may be possible to use multiple streams and bounce leads around, but it'll be messy.

See my review of this issue here:
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-engagements-and-drip-nurturing-boston-user-group-dec-10-2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following....trying to solve this myself using an Engagement Program instead of a regular drip but  would love to bounce ideas off of someone if the way I've setup it doable or not. Here's my post: Engagement strea cadence for day 1, day 5, day 10, etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this exact challenge and I solved it by creating Triggered Smart campaigns.  Filling out the form on our website is the trigger that starts the flow.

Here's how I set it up:

We have three free trial options so I created three smart campaigns with associated emails and forms.  Only email #1 is different and 2-5 are identical for all three campaigns.

Here's the "Flow"

1. Send email #1

2. Wait 1 hour

3. Send email #2

4. Wait 2 days

5. Send email #3

6. Wait 3 days

7. Send email #4

8. Wait 2 days

9. Send email #5

I was frustrated with the inflexibility of their traditional "Nurture" campaign set up but this works exactly how I want it to.  Hope this helps!