SOLVED

Custom validation message not displaying when no entry is made on compulsory field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom validation message not displaying when no entry is made on compulsory field

I've created a compulsory checkbox in my form with a custom validation message, however the field displays no validation message when I fail to enter a value.

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 16.38.28.png

If I subsequently click and un-click the checkbox the message does appear. But nothing if the field is simply left blank from the start.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this issue?

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 16.55.10.png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 16.56.12.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Custom validation message not displaying when no entry is made on compulsory field

17 REPLIES 17
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Custom validation message not displaying when no entry is made on compulsory field

Pls provide a link to your page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SanfordWhiteman

Yep, I blogged about this already at http://blog.teknkl.com/forms2-bug-checkbox-error-msg/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is Marketo aware of this bug and, if so, an ETA when this will be fixed?  I didn't even realize it was broken (can't believe I missed this blog post back in September, Sandy!).  It's great that you've provided a custom fix, but this is something that just should work as expected.

Justin Cooperman

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yeah, I know about it. We have a bug open on it, just low pri.

Thanks,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Could you tell me where can access the forms code to update it as per your blog? I'm struggling to find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue for me as well with the validation. I was wondering where the js file is so we can put in the edit.

SanfordWhiteman

The JS is right in the middle of my blog post.