SOLVED

Custom object not showing under link object drop down

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom object not showing under link object drop down

Hi guys,

I'm trying to Create a Link Field for a Many-to-Many Structure and have some issues.

Custom Object 1: Links to Lead ID and has a Product ID which is supposed to serve as link field for custom object 2. This custom object 1 is already approved.

Custom Object 2: This will link to Custom Object 1 using Product ID, but I'm not able to see custom object 1 in the link object drop down. Only options I can see are Person and Company.

Attached is the snapshot:

pastedImage_1.png

Am I missing something here? Or this is something that needs to be enabled from back-end by requesting Marketo support team?

Really appreciate any help on this as we are stuck atm and can't progress without this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Custom object not showing under link object drop down

Ah, the problem is that you have your edge linked to Leads.  That's not a valid configuration.  Your edge needs to not have a link field in order to be a valid link object.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What does docs.marketo.com say?

Isn't this the point - you tie the Object to the Person or Company object? If you could tie it to another Custom Object, it would have to be fully approved, right?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You won't be able to configure it that way.  You need to provision and approve the edge object and then select a link field to the edge object from the bridge and approve it, like this:

Lead <-(lead field) Bridge (custom object field) ->Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh and Kenny for the reply.

I'm actually following the marketo docs and the Custom Object (Bridge) I want to tie is already in approved state.

See Custom Object 1:

pastedImage_1.png

I expected to see this custom object in the 'Link Object" drop down list and but can't see it when mapping the Edge object (as Kenny mentioned).

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Ah, the problem is that you have your edge linked to Leads.  That's not a valid configuration.  Your edge needs to not have a link field in order to be a valid link object.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny this was really useful.

It was the invalid configuration indeed. Our team is now able to link custom objects successfully.

gabhob_clio
Level 1

when you relate to a lead, did you need to have one connector record per lead?

or can I alternatively use one connector record for multiple leads (if for example the same ID is on multiple leads)?