Re: Custom columns not available in lead analytics report...why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom columns not available in lead analytics report...why?

Hello,

I am trying to create a lead report of how many leads we are collecting from our marketing activities with missing field data, the goal of the report is to add custom smart lists to it, I will then subscribed myself to it on a weekly or monthly cadence.

The problem is that I cannot add any custom column smart lists to this report (see below), has this happened to anyone? Any way to resolve this so that i have access to custom column (like the second screenshot below)?

pastedImage_0.png

Report-Setup_custom_column.png

6 REPLIES 6
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Jesse

It is based on the report type. Only "Leads By..." (or Lead Performance) reports in Marketo (Such as "Leads By Source, Leads By Revenue Stage") have that custom column ability. Your first report example looks like an Email Performance Report, so unfortunately that option is just not available.

I'd recommend if you want to improve your email reporting, move into Email Insights and create Custom Dimensions in there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, Veronica. I guess I am not all that familiar to email insights in Marketo but the custom fields I am looking for my report are those that I built specifically for the smart lists, such as first name, last name, email address, job role, etc., and I am not able to use them in the email insights section: system>custom segmentation>dimensions selected

For more info on the full picture, see here: Database Health Report: Build a quick report on the health of your Marketo DB  , I am creating a database health report with among other fields, the custom fields listed about.

Are there other ways of accomplishing the same thing?

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'm sorry I can't think of anything in standard Marketo reporting that will get you there. I don't suppose you have Revenue Cycle Analytics (Or Marketing Advanced Analytics I think they are calling it now...)

Maria_Hirschbe1
Level 2

Hi Jesse,

Have you tried building this using the Lead Performance report? You will be able to add custom custom columns there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked like a charm...thanks Maria--I guess I had confused myself and was not building it as a lead report.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Like Veronica said above, RCA would allow you to pull those reports but if you're running it on a huge data set you might have trouble as it is very temperamental.