SOLVED

Re: Custom UTMs based on Segments

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Custom UTMs based on Segments

Hi All,

We have the standard issue (non ABM) of Marketo. We'd like to send an email to two groups of people. We want the main CTA in the email to have one UTM for Group 1 and a different UTM for Group 2.

We're using Evergage to view the UTM and display a different form for Group 2. We don't want to send two separate emails, just one for both groups (same email program, same time).

Does anyone know how we can do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Found the answer from Cedrick Donerlson​.

You could create a custom field and populate the UTM you need for the leads/contacts through a list import to update the leads/contacts. Once this is done, you can then create a token and add the token to the end of the URL.

When the email is sent, it will append the correct UTM to the URL depending upon what is populated in the custom field for that particular lead/contact .

Trying this later this week and will update if it works.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you move the question to Products​ and I'll answer it there? This space isn't for support, it's for discussing the Champs incentive program itself.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

You've answered questions in the Champion Program space before. This space has more followers, figured I'd get an answer faster.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, followers != posts (if you look at Products​ that's the high-volume Community space as well as the right fit).

If I answered anything here, it was by accident, as I look at everything in a flat feed...

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Found the answer from Cedrick Donerlson​.

You could create a custom field and populate the UTM you need for the leads/contacts through a list import to update the leads/contacts. Once this is done, you can then create a token and add the token to the end of the URL.

When the email is sent, it will append the correct UTM to the URL depending upon what is populated in the custom field for that particular lead/contact .

Trying this later this week and will update if it works.