Re: Custom Sync using checkbox "sync to marketo"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Sync using checkbox "sync to marketo"

I read some fabulous information regarding implementing a custom sync between SFDC and Marketo. We have to limit our number of records in Marketo - we are not a new integration as we already have a sync between our sytems so we need to limit the # of records in Marketo by way of this new field. So far I  have done the following:

Created the field "sync with marketo"

Made the field visible to the marketo sync user/profile

Mapped the lead field to the contact field

Tagged all records we want to sync (we did this in SFDC and it has synced to marketo)

My question is around the sync for new web leads. I am confused about the process for new web leads and ensuring those will sync to SFDC and have the box marked true so they sync to SFDC and updates sync back and forth between systems.

I have not  contacted Marketo support to activate this custom sync yet. I'm waiting until I know how to handle new web leads. I need to mark the box as true so the sync happens between systems but I'm wondering what Marketo does with the new web lead.

Do I have to write some sort of flow step to ensure new web leads have the sync with marketo checkbox marked as true so they sync between systems? Or will the lead sync with SFDC and the rule to check the box will have to happen in SFDC to continue the sync?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Juliane,

This depends on if you want to hold records back in Marketo until a certain criteria is met.

Once the criteria is met, you will need a flow step to update that field.

If you want to sync over a lead between both systems as soon as it is created via web, you can do so with a flow step or a hidden field on the form.

Watch your order of operations with whichever method you choose, the field should be marked as true BEFORE the sync to salesforce step.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would want to send all inbound web/form leads straight to Salesforce.  I'll see about adding the field to our forms - that may be the best way. 

Thanks so much!

Darrell_Alfons2

great! make sure you mark this questioned as answered!

Dan_Stevens_

Just know that merely adding a custom/hidden "SyncToMarketo" field to a form - and having the default value "YES" - will not automatically sync the lead from Marketo to CRM.  Unlike leads/contacts that get entered into CRM (and automatically sync to Marketo), the reverse is not true.  You have to physically create a flow step to to sync new leads in Marketo to CRM ("sync to SFDC").  Otherwise, they stay just in Marketo.

The "SynToMkto" field is for CRM - and to allow you to tag specific records that you don't want to sync back to Marketo.