Re: Custom Report - All Interesting Moments

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Report - All Interesting Moments

Hi guys,

We are working on a Lead Scoring Data project and need to be able to pull all of the interesting moments for our customers. Unfortunately, I could not find a Marketo report that allows me to gather a list of all interesting moments for our customers. Would love some guidance on a workaround for this report. Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It is not available.

You can look at Last Int Moment fields or use API.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just to expand on Josh's comment, these kinds of cross-lead, activity-centric reports aren't available in the UI (a report of all form fillouts is another example).

But if you use the API (Bulk Export or Bulk Extract, the latter much easier) you can get at this remarkably easily. In many ways, the API takes the opposite angle on Marketo data from the UI. There are readymade views/exports via API that aren't possible via UI and vice versa.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestion! I have yet to fully deep-dive into using API but I guess I'm going to learn now

Dan_Stevens_

One option is to create an "Interesting Moment History" field - where you store a continuous feed of IMs each time a new one is triggered; and an "Interesting Moment Score" field.  For example, here's how we capture these when someone attends an event:

pastedImage_0.png

The default choice value for when the IM is appended to the existing history value is as follows:

{{system.dateTime}}: Attended an Avanade Event: {{trigger.Name}}{{my.line-break}}{{lead.Avanade Interesting Moment History}}

You can then run a report where IM Score > 2 (to ensure your report only includes those people with at least 2 IMs).

We use the IM history field in both our reports and real-time alerts (to sales and marketing).  Here's an example of how this appears within our real-time alerts (we do the same thing for web page history):

pastedImage_1.png

Think of this as a poor man's way of reporting on Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) data without having to purchase MSI!

I presented on this technique at Marketo Summit (as part of my "Strengthening Sales & Marketing Alignment: Developing Real-Time Alerts with Rich, Actionable Insights" session).  Here's a copy of the presentation deck (which also includes a great tip provided by Sanford​ on how to create a simple velocity email script token to insert hidden line breaks between each entry in your history field and make each entry readable within your reports/alerts).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan,

This is extremely helpful, thank you! I'm going to do some more digging and see if I can apply your technique to our instance and get the results I need. Super thankful to you for sending over the presentation deck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What type of field should the IM History and IM Score fields be? Rich text and Score?

Dan_Stevens_

These are text area and score fields, respectively.

Iva_Kanova
Level 2

Hi Dan,

if it is not too much to ask can you please show how your line-break trigger looks like? Is it a text or rich text or what type and what does it contain as value for it to initiate a line break?

Thank you in advance!

Iva

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator