Re: Custom Objects: Can a String Field have multiple answers displayed a picklist?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Objects: Can a String Field have multiple answers displayed a picklist?

Hello,

I created a custom object that has custom fields created on the object. The object and corresponding fields will be populated daily with an uploaded CSV file in the lead database.One field ion the object is a string field: Interactive Action -- Person A on Day 1 can "request info" or "Login" or "Survey Question" noted in that field on different rows within the CSV - Then Person A can come back in on Day 2 with a different action. My question is specifically around the string field capabilities - as noted I'll populate the field via the list upload, but if the value is different each time (or there is more than one each time) and is uploaded into that field, does Marketo append the new value to the current one on the record or does it override it? Outline below.

If it does not store like example A below, how would this best be accomplished in marketo? A new Marketo only field attached to a custom object with multiple answer types stored?

Looking at the screen shot below

Will Interactive Action hold all values associated with the records actions taken e.g

A.) Example
Login

Request Info

Survey Question

Request Info

B.) Example

Login (is replaced with Request Info | Request Info (is replaced with Survey Question) etc.

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Re: Custom Objects: Can a String Field have multiple answers displayed a picklist?

I am pretty sure that it will overwrite that field. You could create a secondary field where you import values and then the values are concatenated through a smart campaign as a work around.

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

I think this walks you through how to keep the newest value and concatenate together all of the other values.

Marketo-Fu - Episode 20: Daisy-Chaining Fields (concatenation of values) - YouTube