SOLVED

Custom Object Questions

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Object Questions

I'm working on an integration that depends on Custom Objects and I have a few questions:

1. I have custom objects turned on through the UI and am able to define them, but when  I try to use the REST API I get a response of {"requestId":"fca4#15087527fd7","success":false,"errors":[{"code":"603","message":"Access denied"}]}.  Is there something I need to do to turn on custom object access via the API? This happens, for example, when I attempt to describe my custom object (GET <REST API Endpoint URL>/rest/v1/customobjects/attendance_c/describe.json).  I don't have any problem describing a lead (GET <REST API Endpoint URL>/rest/v1/leads/describe.json).
  2. When viewing the custom objects from the custom objects tab on the lead page, the fields are almost entirely in alphabetical order, except that the first one is shown last.  Is it supposed to be in alphabetical order?  Is there a way to specify the order?
  3. Is it possible to define the format that datetime fields are displayed in?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Custom Object Questions

1.  Your API user needs to have the Read-Only and/or Read-Write Custom Object permissions.

2.  I don't believe so, but I'm not certain on this point.

3.  This is determined by your selected locale in Admin > Location.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Custom Object Questions

1.  Your API user needs to have the Read-Only and/or Read-Write Custom Object permissions.

2.  I don't believe so, but I'm not certain on this point.

3.  This is determined by your selected locale in Admin > Location.