Custom Object Discovery from the SOAP API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Object Discovery from the SOAP API

Hi all yall,

I'm just getting into playing with the SOAP API, so maybe I just haven't found the right jigger yet.

It doesn't seem to be possible to discover custom objects from the SOAP API.  Is this true?

The listMObjects call seems to only ever return 4 object types, a static list which never changes and doesn't even include all the possible static object types.  Am I missing something here?

.  Topher
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: Custom Object Discovery from the SOAP API

Has your organization purchase a Marketo Custom Object? The SOAP API only gives access to Marketo-only custom objects, not to SFDC Custom objects that are synced with Marketo. 

Jep
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jep,

This is from the perpective of a tool developer or integrator, not a specific company. 

I understand that SFDC-synced objects are not accessible through the API.  That's ok; SFDC has a discovery call which includes custom objects, so in that case SFDC can be queried directly for those definitions.  So we can focus just on the Marketo custom objects.

Even when the company has purchased a "Marketo Custom Object," there doesn't seem to be any way to discover it through the API, correct?  Which means for any tool to work with any Marketo custom object, the object has to be defined for that tool explicitly and distinctly.  Or am I wrong?  Is there anything akin to the listMObjects call for custom objects?

.  Topher
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct in that there is no way to list or describe Marketo Custom Objects under current API Functionality.

This sounds like a good idea to post in the Ideas Section along with use case(s).