Re: Creating tasks in SalesForce from specific campaign triggers in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating tasks in SalesForce from specific campaign triggers in Marketo

Today we auto-create tasks in SalesForce for follow-up on campaigns that are in Marketo.  I am not sure how to link the SalesForce campaign to this auto-created task within Marketo.   What happens is that the task comes into SalesForce under the lead but it isn't linked to anything, so you can't tell what it is from.  I'm fairly new to this.  Please let me know of any ideas or workarounds.

4 REPLIES 4
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Stephanie Locke​ the create task flow step in Marketo has a number of places where you can populate campaign information. See screenshot. Does that help? or are you asking for something different?

By the way, you should move this to Products, there are more people there that can weigh in, and is typically the place where you would ask questions like this.

pastedImage_0.png

Caleb_Trecek2
Level 1

Stephanie,

To Darrell Alfonso​'s point, what specifically do you mean by 'link'? As he mentioned, you can certainly customize the Subject and Comments information to give the necessary information around why the task was created.

I'm assuming that these tasks are assigned to either a sales or inside sales individual for follow up, in which case you can add whatever level of detail you need in the task creation flow step. Is there any other relationship you're trying to create other than providing the specific campaign name?

Also, are these tasks created at a Global level, i.e., one smart campaign is listening for specific events across multiple programs, or are these task creation flow steps used within individual programs?

Sharon_Prager1
Level 1

I am on the SFDC side of things and I need the SFDC campaign ID to be automatically sent over from the Marketo Task so that I can then create a process that links the task to the campaign. We are finding that our reps are going to have to "hard code" the ID. We tried creating a text field in SFDC that holds the campaign ID, but can't seem to grab that on the Marketo side. Has anyone ever solved this (outside of Apex Triggers?)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should open a new thread. This thread is a year old.