Re: Creating one landing page& form for 2 live webinar events

Laurie_Johnson
Level 2

Creating one landing page& form for 2 live webinar events

Hello!

I have never created one landing page for the same live webinar held on two different dates that will not be reoccurring... I created a new form to include the dates with a new custom string field (Event Date Code) somewhat following this article's steps: 

https://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/setup-recurring-webinars-in-marketo-1479/

Where it is getting tricky for me is setting up the event programs in Marketo because GoToWebinar must have a 1:1 sync even though I am using one landing page for the same live webinar being held on July 31 and August 15. So what I have done is created smart campaigns within each webinar event program looking for the local landing page if the event date code equals the specific webinar event date (a radio button selection in the form) then the lead will show up in a registered campaign within the specified webinar event program. The way I have the Smart Campaigns set up in each webinar event program is as such:

Registered July 31 webinar:

Smart list:

Trigger - Fills out Form + web page = Form # and Marketo landing page

Filter - Event Date Code (Custom Field) = July 31, 2019

Flow:

Change program status = Webinar registered

Add to SFDC campaign = July 31 webinar-registered

Registered August 15 webinar:

Smart list:

Trigger - Fills out Form + web page = Form # and Marketo landing page

Filter - Event Date Code (Custom Field) = August 15, 2019

Flow:

Change program status = Webinar registered

Add to SFDC campaign = August 15 webinar-registered

I've taken myself through the program and. I am not showing up as a campaign member as registered within the specified Marketo program or in the SFDC campaign. (Side note: Admittedly, I've put myself through this program several times using different email addresses as a test and updated my program status on the Marketo side as "Not in Program" and removed myself from the SFDC campaign). However, when testing a final time, it is no longer working. 

Also, I did not follow the recommendation in the step by step instructions in the above doc exactly, since we have always set up our campaigns a little differently within our Marketo instance. For example, I did not create an operational program folder to flow leads through registration since I am using a Smart Campaign to track registration within each event program. I have each webinar event program syncing to individual registered and attended SFDC campaigns via a Smart Campaign. 

So my questions are this... 1) Am I not showing up in the SFDC campaign since I've previously removed myself via the Marketo smart campaigns? and 2.) Is there a better/streamlined way for me to be doing this or have others found any success using the above article for help?

3 REPLIES 3
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Screenshots would be helpful... can you confirm if in the Smart Campaign Schedule tab, you have the settings set to the person only being able to run through the campaign once? That could be your culprit. Ideally, that's the setting you keep when it goes live, but for testing it can trip you up.

Laurie_Johnson
Level 2

That was it!! I had to allow myself to run through the program every time. I also moved the smart campaigns and landing pages into an operational folder for the webinar programs, and everything is working perfectly now. Thanks for the help!

Ellie_Lewis3
Level 3

Glad you got this working! I had this same situation recently where we needed to use the same landing page but for different events and the method we chose was a separate form for each event.