Re: Creating a task in Dynamics from Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a task in Dynamics from Marketo

We have Dynamics and Marketo integrated, but we are trying to figure out the best way to get a Dynamics task queued up to our sales team based on an action in Marketo (form submit). Since there is no "create task" function for Dynamics like there is with SalesForce, has anyone figured out a work around?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

I think a work around might be to use the webhook feature in marketo to call the MSDynamics Webhook that creates a task.  Just a guess though as I have not set this up myself.  I believe this will be the best way to do and I am pretty sure it will work for web facing MSDynamics deployments

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also build a workflow in CRM that creates a task based on a field updating on the lead or contact record from Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

For the moment, these indirect techniques are the only available.

You should also vote here :

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kristen – we tried doing the workflow based on a new field that we created, however, the information isn’t syncing from Marketo to Dynamics, so I was trying to see if there were any other alternatives.

Stephanie Dvorak | Senior Graphic Designer | Brokers International

1200 E. Main St. | P.O. Box 160 | Panora, IA 50216 | www.biltd.com<http://www.biltd.com/>

Phone: 800.362.1097 | Direct: 641.755.5075 | sdvorak@biltd.com<mailto:sdvorak@biltd.com>

To get connected, visit us at www.biltd.com/connect<http://www.biltd.com/connect>

© Brokers International, Ltd. All rights reserved.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you receive this email in error, please notify us. This information contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and please delete this email from your system. Nothing in this email should be considered as tax, legal, investment or other professional advice. Any quotes contained in this email are only a quote, not an offer of insurance and no insurance is provided until a valid contract is entered into with the insurance company. All quotes are tentative, non-binding and subject to change. The final decision to issue a policy is that of the insurance company. We have taken reasonable precautions regarding viruses in this email. The company is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stephanie!

Not sure if you have solved this yet - I echo Kristen's suggested approach with a new custom field (which you need to define first in Dynamics, then sync into Marketo). I have used this approach in the past to trigger change owner on records that have been sync'd since there is no change owner flow step in Marketo for Dynamics.

Happy to send along screen shots if they would help!

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were able to get this semi-started. I had started down the path of creating these fields, but found that we had major sync issues that needed to be fixed before we could continue. We are on the slow path of finally automating our task creation from form submissions. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in this too, as we want to be able to create a task in Dynamics for sales to follow up an activity. I prefer the idea of a webhook to that of changing a custom field, as presumably the webhook could allow us to send more than one field's worth of data to Dynamics for the creation of the task.

Did you get anywhere with this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Erica Harris​  Did you end up creating the webhook? What was your outcome?