Creating a landing page template

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a landing page template

Hi,

I'm new to marketo.

I'm can build an html template in dreamweaver. However when I use the HTML template in Marketo and try to work with it in the free form interface the elements (rich text, forms etc) are off when I preview it. The elements don't stay within the CSS divs.

Can you tell me what I'm missing ?

Thanks,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Creating a landing page template

Did you take a look at the docs on LP Templates and LP Guided Templates? The Basic Templates are straight HTML and you should pay attention to the default tags Marketo needs to let the regular editor handle drag and drop.

Guided Templates work differently.

Try looking at examples from templates.marketo.com and knak.io.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been back and forth with support by email and phone all day today. We have a digital ad campaign launching on Thursday. We created custom HTML outside of Marketo and pasted it into a landing page template, because we have no experience creating landing pages in Marketo and need to launch this campaign quickly. We had already embedded the form code into the HTML, but Support said I can't do it that way--I have to drag and drop the form from the "Insert Elements" section. I did that and everything lined up nicely in the preview. But when I view the live page, the form doesn't line up. I have never worked with such a non-intuitive site in my life. What am I doing wrong? I'm so frustrated I'm ready to drop Marketo.

Make the switch to YM Membership

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Pia,

If you give me a call I can explain how our landing pages work. As Josh mentioned, our documentation should be pretty helpful though.

If you already coded the page exactly how you want it, you probably want to be creating a "Guided" mode landing page template.

My # is 650-490-4595

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so kind of you Justin! Right after your message came through, I finally figured it out by looking at a Knak template like Josh suggested above. I don't believe this stuff isn't in the documentation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin, I stand corrected. I found the page here: Create a Guided Landing Page Template - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Hope this is helpful to the OP (Danny.)