Re: Creating a completed task in SFDC from Marketo Sales Insights

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Creating a completed task in SFDC from Marketo Sales Insights

Hello,

We are trying to have our sales team adopt using Marketo Sales Insights to send out emails but they want to automate the activity to show as completed rather than going back and having to create it. I am aware this can be done in Marketo and tested it to find that it works well but I feel that this might be better used as a work flow in SFDC. Anyone have experience in this using it is either instance and have feedback on if Marketo does it better than SFDC? How can it be set up in SFDC if that is the route we would wish to take.

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you post a screenshot? pretty sure Sales Emails are marked as completed Activities.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tara,

Doing this in SFDC will be a little complex, while simply setting up Marketo (admin -> salesforce -> sync options, then check the "sales email sent" box) will log a completed task for you.

pastedImage_0.png

-Greg

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

That is great, but it did not work?

I did just as you posted above and I checked the activity log and did not see any errors and can see my email did send?

Any reason you can think that it may not work?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tara,

The first thing I would incriminate is that that Marketo will not post more than 1 task per day to SFDC, for each lead and each type of Marketo action.

You need to look into the lead activity log details to know why it did not work.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I've noticed that this works in my instance - Marketo to Salesforce, but the Task Type in Salesforce is left NULL - instead of being set to E-Mail if a Salesrep does this manually - is there anything in the sync that can fix this, or do I need some sort of flow step?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michael,

The list of tasks fields you can set from Marketo is limited to a few (not all) standard fields. The only way around your issue is a workflow in salesforce.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And look into this : Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"? , there are a couple of ideas to vote for.

-Greg