SOLVED

Creating a Pre-Built Program to go across several workspaces

Go to solution
Jeffrey_Hanraha
Level 3

Creating a Pre-Built Program to go across several workspaces

Hi all,

If I were to build out a program with all the lists and assets, is their a way for me to distribute it to all of the workspaces/partitions?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Creating a Pre-Built Program to go across several workspaces

I think it'd probably be helpful if we could get more clarity around your exact use case here, Jeffrey.

Josh is right in the sense that a program that exists in one workspace isn't "visible" to other workspaces - i.e., it can't be referred to in smart campaigns, etc. Some types of assets, however, like landing page and email templates, can be shared across workspaces if placed within a shared folder in design studio - the doc Josh linked to would show you how.

However, a key distinction: you can clone programs across workspaces - if the workspace you're cloning to has access to the assets within that program (i.e., if it can see the email template/landing page template in use by assets within the program because those templates are in a shared folder).

So if you're asking for visibility over the program, then no. If you're asking for visibility over the assets, then sort of. If you're asking for cloning, then likely yes.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi there Jeffrey,

To the best of my knowledge, programs aren't able to be shared across workspaces - however - assets can be.

Marketo does have some decent documentation that can walk you through how to share these assets across workspaces (Understanding Workspaces and Person Partitions - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation​)

Shout out if I can help any further.

Cheers,

JP

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

I think it'd probably be helpful if we could get more clarity around your exact use case here, Jeffrey.

Josh is right in the sense that a program that exists in one workspace isn't "visible" to other workspaces - i.e., it can't be referred to in smart campaigns, etc. Some types of assets, however, like landing page and email templates, can be shared across workspaces if placed within a shared folder in design studio - the doc Josh linked to would show you how.

However, a key distinction: you can clone programs across workspaces - if the workspace you're cloning to has access to the assets within that program (i.e., if it can see the email template/landing page template in use by assets within the program because those templates are in a shared folder).

So if you're asking for visibility over the program, then no. If you're asking for visibility over the assets, then sort of. If you're asking for cloning, then likely yes.

Hope that helps