Creating Segments/Defaults

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Segments/Defaults

Hi,

I started creating a segment and I know you have to have a default rule... but I made a test segment with just myself in it, and the default has thousands of records in it (everyone leftover after my rule). If I send a test using this, will it send to everyone in the default rule too?

Thanks,
Megan

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating Segments/Defaults

Use the segementation filters on  your Smart List. We have a language setting segment and I could use the filter "Language Setting Segment" is "French". That way I would be creating an email only for my french audience. 

On the flip side, I could create an email and use dynamic content and create different versions for each language segment. 

Hope that helps,

Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I want to use an email with dynamic content and create different versions. So that's why I created my test segment, but when i test the email itself, i don't want it to go to all the default users in that default rule of the segment. Does that make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that makes sense. When you are testing you can do a few things. 1. use the filter on the smart list as I specified. 2. send a sample email to a lead that is in your test segment 3. create a smart list of a few leads and only test on them. Am I missing something? 

Hope this helps, 

Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I think I just wanted to make sure that if i sent a test to only a few people, that default wouldn't automatically go out to everyone.

So basically if i test to only certain people (via smart list or when editing my draft), even though there is the default rule in the segment, the email will only get sent to those i specify in the smart list or one-off test mailing, correct?

Thanks!

Megan